Automotive Technician/Mechanic Job
Automotive Technician/Mechanic - Albany, NY
Hello, we are looking for an auto mechanic to be part of our team, a rental company! You will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing a fleet of vehicles. You will be working in an area such as Oil changes, tire repair, warranty repairs, engines, steering and suspension, heating, and air conditioning or brakes. Our facilities are clean, modern, climate-controlled environment. You will also enjoy a generous range of company benefits including paid vacation, medical and retirement plans.
- Medical, Dental and Other Insurance.
- PTO - Paid time off.
- Paid Bi-weekly.
- On-the-job training to expand your automotive abilities, help to obtain ASE Certificates.
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses.
- Retirement benefits (401k).
- Employee discounts, including discounted car rental and discounted prices on the purchase.
- Perform maintenance and repair on Fleet vehicles.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors, and other parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Help keep repair shop clean and organized.
- Keep a professional appearance.
- High School Diploma
- Be able to commute to work location every day in Albany, NY.
- 2-year auto repair experience
- 1 ASE and the ability to obtain 2 more ASE in the first year.
- Must possess all tools required for auto repair and maintenance
- Basic computer skills (typing, data entry)
- Flexibility to work all shifts
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- ASE certifications required.
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Must maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret, and transcribe data to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Company events
Tier2Tek Staffing - Direct Hire
Beginning of employment
Duration of employment
No End - Direct Hire
Automotive - Car Rental
24 Essex St, Albany, New York, 12206, USA
8am to 5pm
$20-$25 Per hour
- Customer service
- Diagnostic skills
- Technical aptitude
- 1 ASE or more
March 17, 2023
April 17, 2023