Hello, we are looking for cable technicians to assist with multiple refresh projects running cables and patching them to patch panels. Mounting switches and wringing them accordingly.
We work 4 days and 3 days off. The work will be done overnight.
Insurance and benefits after 60 days.
- Running conduit in buildings along the wall and above ceilings
- Responsibilities include pulling, tagging and terminating category 5e, 6, 6A, fiber optics and other cable types
- Running Copper and Fiber Optic cable in buildings above ceilings and down walls, inside and outside of conduit
- Terminating Copper and Fiber Optic cable to patch panels and connectors
- Must be able to distinguish wire colors
- Capable of following instructions from the supervisor
- Be familiar with basic hand tools
- Be able to safely pull cable while working in attic-type spaces, drop ceilings, and other spaces, without falling through the ceiling
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of running cables and punching them down
- 1+ year of industrial network
- Splicing and terminating cables
- Able to use a ladder
- Knowledge of all cable meters and cable trouble hunting and toning devices that are needed to repair and maintain cable
- Knowledge of CAT5, copper, fiber, cable installations, cable maintenance and cable testing equipment
- Prefer you to bring your own punch-down tools and equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Health Insurance
- Overnight Schedule
Tier2Tek Staffing - Direct Hire