IT Program Manager
The program manager is responsible for the oversight, management and delivery of multiple large and complex IT projects and programs throughout the entire lifecycle, coordinating the efforts of vendors, internal team and other business units.
- Plan, manage and lead projects, programs, and teams of project managers across multiple experiences
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project-oriented work efforts within a program.
- Responsible for assembling project plans, teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts.
- Identify resource needs, perform quality review, perform risk management, and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately across programs and experiences.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Maintain program budget, manage vendors, and optimize resource utilization.
- Coordinate communications with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed to establish one main point of communication.
- Identifies and resolves and/or escalates roadblocks, issues, and conflicts
- Guides and directs members on the team
- Manage projects according to program objectives & key performance indicators
- Perform impact analysis on project change request and makes recommendations for optimal outcomes
- Drive and evaluate estimates by deliverable and work with project teams to optimize program
- Manage program critical path, related inter project dependencies, risk and issues
- Work with the business stakeholders to define overall program goals and scope
- Maintains documentation of the Experience Journey, ensuring they are accurate as products evolve and timing or priority decisions are made
- Leads discussion of analytics to measure Experience Success Metrics with guidance from Experienced Leads, Operational/Business Leads, Product Managers and MCIT teams
- Supports the MCIT Experience Lead in engaging with their business partners and stakeholders, and preparation of executive level communications and updates
- Monitors the planning and execution of product delivery, particularly at the intersection with operational training, readiness, adoption, and support groups
- Maintains and fosters an open dialogue with Delivery Lead on product delivery timelines and risks, supporting the escalation and mitigation process
- Leads the end to end program solution delivery, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality project deliverables through effective team communication with a focus on quality
- Strong leadership, team-building, vendor and customer relations skills
- Knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Must possess advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of project management methodologies and tools, project/program financial management and resource management practices
- Demonstrated success managing large complex projects IT projects within formal processes and methodologies such as PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Experience leading projects and programs with compressed timelines and high visibility
- Proven ability to effectively present to executives
- Must be analytical, process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
Beginning of employment
Duration of employment
1640 Logan St, Denver, Colorado, 80203, USA
$120,000-$145,000 Per year
8am - 5pm